Who We Are:
We are Boogie Board, makers of best-selling reusable writing and creativity products. Boogie Board is owned by Kent Displays, the global leader in reflective bistable cholesteric liquid crystal display technology. Over the last decade, Boogie Board products have redefined writing and drawing for both adults and kids—selling millions of reusable writing and creativity products in 40 countries worldwide. Our team is passionate about helping our consumers play, create, learn, live and work better.
Our people are the key to our success. We believe in a family-first work environment that allows ideas to flourish. Our technologies and products improve the way people communicate, learn, play, and work. We pledge to contribute to our community through good corporate citizenship, our employees, and our products. We offer very competitive compensation and benefits that include a generous paid time off package for vacations and holidays.
We are looking for an experienced Warehouse Specialist to join our team in this fast-paced environment.
Warehouse Specialists work in warehouse settings where they are responsible to pull, pack, and ship orders in an accurate manner along with loading and unloading freight while providing direct customer services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares daily shipment of products to customers on time.
- Makes the required inventory transactions of product via bar code scanner.
- Maintains all active inventory records, inventory counts, and part locations with accuracy.
- Pulls kits for sales orders, production work orders and for contract manufacture purchase orders.
- Identifies necessary parts by part number listed on the item.
- Maintains accurate quantity of parts.
- Ensures parts are packed appropriately (ESD if required).
- Delivers kit to appropriate next step, production work orders to production stage area, and sales orders to shipping ETC.
- Performs daily cycle counts, identifies root causes of discrepancies and reconciles count.
- Organizes stock, maintains inventories in the warehouse, and performs cleaning duties.
- Uses 5S system to maintain inventory organization.
- Follow all safety protocols in place for the warehouse environment.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance and availability.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- 3-5 years of warehouse experience, shipping experience using UPS/FedEx software and/or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Previous use of barcode scanning equipment and warehouse experience required.
- Experience and comfort level working with computer systems at an intermediate level required.
- Ability to read and comprehend detailed instructions, short correspondence, and memos, and to write effective correspondence required.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions with high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations with managers, and other employees of the organization required.
- History of effective work in team environments utilizing organization skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimal, including the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs required.
- Stable work history
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Continually required to stand, walk, or sit.
- Continually required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
- Frequently required to use close-up vision and use color vision.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Occasionally utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard.
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather).
- Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally required to operate a forklift.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our Total Compensation Offering:
- Pay that is at or above industry and local standards
- 11 paid holidays each year
- Generous vacation accrual
- Increases in vacation accrual every 2 years
- Leave 2-hours early on Friday during the Summer
- Health insurance benefits covered at 80% of cost
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Disability benefits
- 401(k) match up to 4%
- Education reimbursement
- Employee discount program
- Health screening incentives
- Employee appreciation events throughout the year
- Company commitment to giving back to the community
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then please send your information to Kelly Eisentraut (KEisentraut@kentdisplays.com). Kent Displays is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Applicants will be required to have started or have documentation of completion of COVID-19 vaccinations prior to the first day of employment.