Who We Are:
We are Boogie Board, makers of best-selling reusable writing and creativity products. Boogie Board is owned by Kent Displays, the global leader in reflective bistable cholesteric liquid crystal display technology. Over the last decade, Boogie Board products have redefined writing and drawing for both adults and kids—selling millions of reusable writing and creativity products in 40 countries worldwide. Our team is passionate about helping our consumers play, create, learn, live, and work better.
Build your career with a company that creates cool products, gives back to the community, and offers a friendly, diverse, innovative, inclusive culture.
We are currently seeking a Quality Technician to join our team in a very impactful role. You will directly impact the quality of product we provide to our valuable customers.
The Quality Technician will perform inspection activities and environmental testing, according to company standards and industry best practices, on incoming material, in-process products, and finished goods. The technician will also document and report all material and products that do not meet standards, while also working with suppliers and internal teams to resolve non-conformance through the use of quality systems and tools.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform testing of product using environmental chambers.
- Complete accelerated life tests using various fixtures and tools.
- Support the Quality team through the implementation and use of quality best practices.
- Complete startup and last article inspections in an efficient manner.
- Inspect incoming material according to company standards.
- Audit, inspect, and report on in-process and manufactured products to ensure an efficient product flow-through.
- Make timely decisions on the acceptability/non-acceptability of manufactured and packaged products.
- Use defect categories to make sound business decisions.
- Contain all non-conforming product(s) to the last known “acceptable inspection point”.
- Communicate non-conformance(s) and /or trending conditions to support teams.
- Interpret drawings, quality plans, and control plans to ensure standards are being followed.
- Act as the “Voice of Quality” and facilitate timely and effective solutions in “real time” with the cross functional team.
- Record inspection and audit results and communications on the Batch Record.
- Perform inspection activities reporting on process and product performance.
- Perform inspections of product lots to defined AQL and sampling methods.
- Provide follow up and verification activities in support of corrective actions and/or process adjustments.
- Coach, train, and mentor the fundamentals of Quality to coworkers and cross functional team members as required and requested.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Familiarity with quality measuring tools such as digital calipers, multimeters, microscopes, Keyence optical comparator and environmental chambers required.
- Knowledge of various quality system tools such as 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, FMEA, SPC, etc. required.
- Advanced level computer skills using Microsoft Office applications required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong problem-solving skills, and excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people, while also effectively functioning independently of direct supervision required.
- Proven history of being self-motivated, professional, detail oriented, and customer focused required.
- Must exhibit a willingness to expand his or her knowledge in a variety of related fields as the role requires.
- Stable work history.
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, then please send your information to Kyle Smith (email@example.com). Kent Displays is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Applicants will be required to have started or have documentation of completion of COVID-19 vaccinations prior to the first day of employment.